Homemade coffee creamers are so easy to make! This all-natural, chocolate coffee creamer recipe is made with coconut milk, sweetened with honey and flavored with cocoa powder and vanilla extract. This small batch coffee creamer is a delicious way to sweeten your coffee.
I’m a big coffee drinker. I drink a couple of cups of black coffee in the morning and towards the middle of the day, I love to slow down and enjoy a cup of coffee that’s lightly sweetened with this healthy chocolate coffee creamer.
Coffee creamers that I find in the grocery come in such large bottles. It takes so long for me to finish them off. In fact, by the time I get half-way through the bottle, I’m always afraid that the coffee creamer may have gone sour or I’m tired of the flavor by then.
This small batch chocolate coffee creamer recipe is the perfect size if you’re cooking in a household with one or two people. You aren’t left with a huge amount that can easily go to waste.
This non-dairy creamer recipe will make a little over a cup of creamer, just the right amount to last anywhere from a few days to about a week, depending on how much creamer you use in your coffee.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- unsweetened coconut milk
- unsweetened cocoa powder
You can use regular milk or almond milk if you prefer but I really love the taste that the coconut milk adds to the creamer. It reminds me a little of a caffè mocha.
How To Make Chocolate Coffee Creamer
- Combine the unsweetened coconut milk and the honey in a small saucepan set over medium heat. When the milk begins to simmer, remove the pot from the heat and whisk in a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and a half of a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Allow the chocolate coffee creamer to cool to room temperature, then transfer to a jar or bottle.
Homemade coffee creamer is so much better than any store-bought version. With this coffee creamer recipe you know exactly what’s in it. There are no artificial ingredients and no sugar added.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How To Video
- Combine unsweetened coconut milk and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until mixture begins to simmer.
- Remove pot from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder and the vanilla extract until all of the powder has dissolved.
- Allow to cool to room temperature then transfer to a jar or bottle.
- Store in the refrigerator for a week and shake before using.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!