This soft and tender sausage and cheese beer bread has a buttery, crispy crust and is filled with flavorful cooked sausage and shredded cheddar cheese. It’s a mini beer bread which is full of flavor and ready in minutes!
Beer bread is one of the easiest breads to make and of all the bread recipes, it’s one of my favorites.
I’ve been making this sausage and cheese beer bread for years and when my kids were younger and living at home, a large loaf would be devoured in minutes.
What Is Beer Bread?
Beer bread is one of the simplest quick breads you can make.
Beer bread is a little more dense than other breads and its flavor is a little dependent on how flavorful the beer you use is. I like using a darker amber beer in my beer bread recipes but a lighter beer will also work well.
You don’t actually taste the beer in the bread but you will notice a nice, almost sourdough-type flavor.
Mini Beer Bread
I’ve taken my large loaf sausage and cheese beer bread recipe and scaled down the ingredients so that you will have a small mini loaf. Enough for one or two servings.
The ingredients in this bread recipe can be mixed together in about 5 minutes in one bowl, no kneading or waiting for the bread to rise.
You don’t even need a bread machine to make it.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
Beer bread recipes are extremely versatile. To a basic recipe, you can add different types of shredded cheeses, herbs, and even dried fruit.
For our sausage and cheese beer bread recipe you will need:
- a touch of sugar
- baking powder
- garlic powder
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cooked sausage
How To Make Beer Bread
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder. Stir in about beer, cheese, and cooked sausage.
- Spoon the batter into a greased mini loaf pan or 8-ounce ramekin and top with melted butter. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
What To Do With The Leftover Beer
Well, you could always pour the rest of the beer into a cold glass and drink it but if you don’t want to do that, that’s okay.
Here are a few suggestions for using up the rest of the beer…
- Make another loaf of beer bread.
- In a recipe, substitute the beer for beef or chicken broth.
- Make a beef marinade by mixing together chopped onions and garlic, salt, pepper, brown sugar (optional), and beer.
- Make a Lemon Shandy – mix together lemonade and beer, adding more of whichever you prefer.
What To Serve With Beer Bread
- Minestrone Soup For One
- French Onion Soup For One
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup For One
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup For One
- Chicken Soup Soup For One
- Beef Stew For One
- Chicken Chili For One
For this quick and easy beer bread recipe, I use a ramekin, mini loaf pan or baking dish that holds about 1-cup. For best results, use a dish of similar size.
For more information on the baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
To see examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cooked sausage
- 1/2 tablespoon butter , melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Lightly butter an 8-ounce ramekin or mini loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder.
- Stir in the beer, shredded cheese, and all but 2 tablespoons of the cooked sausage.
- Spoon the batter into the mini loaf pan or ramekin and sprinkle the top of the uncooked bread with the remaining cooked sausage.
- Pour the melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.