Smoked Salmon with Eggs and Pesto - Slices of smoked salmon topped with scrambled eggs placed over a flavorful layer of pesto and toast. Easy to make and absolutely delicious!
This breakfast recipe features toasted bread topped with pesto, smoked salmon, and scrambled eggs. It's filled with flavor and so easy to make.
Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
I live in a really great city. Houston, Texas is filled with so many wonderful restaurants with every type of food imaginable.
Now that my kids are mostly grown, my husband and I have been making a point to travel downtown more often to explore the seemingly endless dining options available to us.
A few Sundays ago, we visited a place called Blacksmith in an area of Houston called Montrose. This cozy coffee shop has a fantastic breakfast menu and serves up a great cappuccino. It was here that I enjoyed a delicious Dill Scramble which inspired me to make this scrambled eggs with smoked salmon at home.
Slices of smoked salmon topped with scrambled eggs placed over a flavorful layer of pesto and toast is such a delicious idea. It’s simple and so very good!
How To Make Salmon and Eggs
The salmon and eggs I enjoyed at the restaurant was slightly different but I think I love my pesto loaded version better.
The original salmon and eggs recipe features the eggs with bits of dill. Since I didn't have dill I used chives instead.
I also used a thick piece of crusty french bread as the base of my open-faced breakfast sandwich instead of the pumpernickel that they used.
Healthy Breakfast Recipe
This easy salmon and eggs recipe begins with french bread that I quickly browned in the toaster.
On top of the bread I spread a layer of pesto, then added a few pieces of smoked salmon and topped it with the scrambled eggs.
How can you possibly go wrong with ingredients like this? So good!!
To keep things simple, I used store-bought pesto but you could certainly make your own.
Even though this is a "recipe for one", it can easily be doubled to serve two.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- ½ tablespoon salted butter
- 2 large eggs , lightly beaten
- pinch salt
- pinch coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 slice bread , french bread, whole wheat, sourdough or pumpernickel, toasted
- 1-2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add eggs to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Add the chives and cook, stirring with a rubber or silicone spatula until big lumps (curds) of eggs begin to form. Continue cooking by folding eggs until thickened and no liquid remains. Remove skillet from heat.
- Place the toast on a plate.
- Spread pesto over the slice of toast.
- Place the slices of smoked salmon over the pesto.
- Spoon the eggs over the smoked salmon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.