This two ingredient chocolate cake recipe is truly amazing! Just an egg and melted chocolate are the only ingredients you need to make this decadent gluten free treat. This single serving flourless chocolate cake will satisfy your most intense chocolate craving and it’s so easy to make too!
Looking for easy desserts with few ingredients? What dessert recipe could be easier than a two ingredient chocolate cake?
That’s right, you only need two ingredients to make this single serving flourless chocolate cake recipe; an egg and chocolate.
I know it seems pretty amazing that you don’t need any other ingredients to make an easy cake recipe, but it’s completely true! It’s such a simple gluten free dessert.
Two Methods Of Preparation
As you might imagine, a two ingredient dessert is super easy to make. I tested this recipe many times and tried two different methods for making this chocolate cake.
Two Ingredient Chocolate Cake Made With The Egg Yolk & Egg White Separated – My Preferred Method
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white and whip the egg white for about 2 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted chocolate and the egg yolk. Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 8-ounce ramekin and bake in a heated 350° oven (177° C) for 20 minutes.
Baking the cake using this method resulted in a more fudgy cake.
Two Ingredient Chocolate Cake Made with The Egg Yolk & White Together
- The second method I tested was to simply whisk an egg (the yolk and the white together) for about a minute until it was frothy.
- Then, whisk in the melted chocolate and pour the batter into a greased ramekin. Bake in a 350º F (177°C) oven for 20 minutes.
This method resulted in a cake that was more fluffy and cakey.
Both ways delivered a decadent chocolate dessert.
This flourless chocolate cake is the perfect amount for one person. It is a great dessert to satisfy a sweet craving and can be a gluten free dessert if you use pure chocolate.
For this tasty 2 ingredient chocolate cake, I use a 8.5-ounce ramekin. For best results please use a baking dish of similar size.
If you would like more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Other Chocolate Recipes
If you like this 2 ingredient chocolate cake recipe, you might also like to try these single serving chocolate recipes:
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Pudding
- Chocolate Rice Pudding
- Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate Cupcakes
Other Easy Cake Recipes
- 1 large egg , yolk and white separated
- 2 ounces semi sweet chocolate , melted
How To Video
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Separate the egg yolk and the egg white. Using a hand mixer, whisk the egg white until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and the melted chocolate.
- Gently fold the whipped egg white into the egg yolk/chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased 7 or 8-ounce ramekin (or baking dish of similar size).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Click HERE to sign up to receive new single serving recipes in your inbox!
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!