Small Batch Black Bean Hummus
Quick and easy homemade Black Bean Hummus made with canned, rinsed and drained black beans. This small batch hummus recipe is made with just a few ingredients and is a delicious alternative to traditional chickpea hummus. Enjoy with raw vegetables, crackers or tortilla chips or spread on sandwiches. No tahini needed!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 15-ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and enjoy with crackers, chips, raw vegetables or spread on sandwiches.
- For a spicy black bean hummus, add cayenne pepper to the food processor or blender when blending the ingredients. Start with a pinch and add more as desired.
- Serve hummus with sliced carrots, red peppers, cucumbers or with crackers, tortilla chips or as a sandwich spread.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 3mg