No Churn Pistachio Ice Cream
Rich, creamy and no machine needed! This No Churn Pistachio Ice Cream is going to be a favorite. It's thick, delicious and loaded with pistachios.
Servings: 12 servings
Electric hand mixer
- 1 vanilla bean pod *See notes
- 14-ounce can can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1 cup pistachios chopped
Split the vanilla bean down it's length using a very sharp knife and scrape out the seeds with the tip of the knife.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl and stir in the vanilla seeds.
In a separate bowl, pour in the heavy cream and whip until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
Transfer the whipped cream to the bowl with the sweetened condensed milk and gently fold until completely mixed.
Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a freezer container and top with the chopped pistachios.
Top with remaining ice cream mixture.
Using a knife, gently swirl the pistachios into the ice cream.
Cover container with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours. The ice cream will become firmer the longer it is kept in the freezer.
- Because this homemade pistachio ice cream recipe requires so few ingredients, it's important that you use exactly what is listed in the recipe card below. Don't substitute lower fat or lower sugar alternatives because the ice cream will not turn out right.
- Whipping cream whips up faster if the bowl you are using is cold. I suggest putting the bowl in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes before you are about to whip the cream. Also, leave the cream in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- To store the ice cream, cover the top of the dish tightly to avoid freezer burn.
- Don't throw the empty vanilla pod away. You can use it to infuse milk with a subtle vanilla flavor and add it to your coffee. If you want to use vanilla extract instead of the seeds from a vanilla bean, use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Serving: 12servings | Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg