Baked Apples For Two
Baked Apples Recipe - two apples filled with brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Easy to make and perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. An easy apple recipe that's perfect when cooking for one or two people.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 medium apples (such as Gala, Jonagold, Fuji or Honeycrisp)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/4 cup boiling water
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Rinse and dry the apples. Using a sharp knife or an apple corer, cut out the cores, leaving the bottom 1/2-inch of the apples intact and creating a well roughly 1-inch wide.
Mix the brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Divide this mixture between the two apples, packing the mixture into the wells firmly.
Arrange the apples in a small baking dish, and top each apple with 1/4 tablespoon of butter.
Pour the hot water into the bottom of the dish.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the apples are cooked through and tender.
Remove the apples from the oven and spoon the juices from the dish over the apples.
Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Use a spoon or an apple corer to remove the seeds from the middle of the apples.
- Baking time might be a little longer if you use large apples. To test for doneness, stick a fork into the thickest part of the apple and if it's not firm any longer, the apples are ready.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.6mg