Lentil Stew For One
Rich and hearty lentil stew recipe made with simple, healthy ingredients. Filled with flavor this lentil stew can be ready in 30 minutes!
Servings: 1 person
- 1 slice bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots (1 small carrot)
- 1/4 cup chopped kale
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup dry green lentils
- 8 grape tomatoes, sliced in half (may use instead 1 Roma tomato or 1 medium tomato, chopped)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, optional for topping
Cook bacon in a 2-quart saucepan on medium heat until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate, leaving fat in pan.
Add chopped onions, carrots, and kale to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and Italian seasoning, and cook, stirring occasionally for 30 seconds.
Add lentils, tomatoes, broth, and pepper to the pot. Bring to a simmer; lower the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 18-20 minutes, until lentils are tender. Stir in salt.
Pour into a bowl and add grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 824mg | Potassium: 703mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5346IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg