Chocolate Chip Muffin For One
Big bakery style chocolate chip muffin recipe that's easy to make and perfect if you're cooking for one! Filled with chocolate chips, this buttery chocolate chip muffin makes the perfect breakfast treat or a snack.
Servings: 1 person
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk (you may use any percentage milk or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate medium-sized bowl, stir together melted butter and sugar. Add egg yolk, vanilla, and mik and whisk until blended. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, gently fold in chocolate chips and pour into a buttered 10-ounce ramekin.
Bake for 15 minutes or until top is golden and center is completely cooked.
Remove ramekin from oven and place on a rack to cool slightly.
Best if enjoyed warm.
- Start with room temperature ingredients.
- Check the expiration date of your baking powder. If the baking powder is old it will prevent the muffin from properly rising and will be dense and flat. This is important because you want your muffin to be fluffy and round.
- Don't overmix the batter. If you mix the batter too much it can create a very dense muffin. Stir only until the flour has disappeared and don't worry about leaving lumps. Lumps are okay.
- Slide a baking sheet under the ramekin before baking. This will help with cleanup in case there is an overflow.
- Be careful not to overbake your muffin. Overbaking will result in a dry muffin with a very dark surface. Bake the muffin just until a skewer or the tip of a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean, or with just a few crumbs.
- Enjoy the muffin fresh.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 869kcal | Carbohydrates: 118g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 253mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 67g | Vitamin A: 1168IU | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 4mg