Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
Make Ahead Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Burritos filled with spicy black beans, onions and garlic, eggs, cheese and cilantro.
Servings: 10 burritos
- 2 tablespoons butter , divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3-4 ounces canned chipotle peppers almost 1/2 can of a 7- can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. (I used Goya brand)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 8 large eggs , lightly beaten
- 10 tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, cumin, and salt and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer.
Add the chipotle peppers and cook for a minute, stirring.
Add the beans and cook for a minute more. Remove from heat. Set aside.
In a separate skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon butter, swirl pan to coat. Add the eggs; cook 4-5 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Remove from heat, transfer eggs to a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
Place tortillas on a work surface. Add a large spoonful of the beans in the center of the tortilla, followed by another large spoonful of the eggs (roughly 1/4 cup), followed by 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro.
To fold the burrito: Fold the sides in, use your thumbs to bring up the bottom of the tortilla, roll up the tortilla tightly.
Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and place burritos in a large plastic bag. Store for up to 3 months.
If heating from frozen, unwrap and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.If heating from thawed, microwave 60 to 90 seconds.
- You control the spice level of your burritos. Feel free to leave the peppers out if you prefer your breakfast burritos to be less spicy.
- To prevent soggy burritos, make sure that the filling is room temperature before rolling the burritos and roll them tightly to keep out moisture.
- Breakfast burritos will last in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 469mg | Potassium: 123mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 1.8mg