Pasta With Vodka Sauce For One
Easy to make Pasta with Vodka Sauce For One - a rich and creamy sauce made with onions and garlic, diced tomatoes, a splash of vodka and a touch of cream.
Servings: 1 serving
- 3/4 cup dried penne pasta (or 3 nests of Pappardelle pasta)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic , chopped
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes , with the juices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan on medium heat.
Add the onions and sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
Add the vodka and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
Pour in the cream and stir. Continue to heat for 5 minutes without bringing sauce to a boil.
Stir in 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese.
Add the pasta to the pan and toss to coat.
Transfer pasta to a plate or a bowl and top with additional parmesan cheese.
- Instead of buying a large bottle of vodka, I buy the smaller 50 ml "mini" bottles. With these, you'll have just a little bit of vodka leftover to use again in this recipe or to add to a cocktail to enjoy while you are cooking.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 865kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 34g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 2069mg | Potassium: 698mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2395IU | Vitamin C: 29.2mg | Calcium: 540mg | Iron: 3.4mg