Enjoy the warm spices of the season in this wintertime Gingerbread Granola. Filled with nuts, oats, molasses and maple syrup, it's perfectly spiced and great for breakfast or to snack on.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shredded
- 1 cup walnuts , roughly chopped ( or pecans )
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
In a small pot on medium heat, melt the butter.
Stir in the maple syrup, molasses and salt.
Remove pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
Pour the maple syrup mixture into the bowl with the oats and nuts and mix well.
Pour onto 1 large sheet pan and spread evenly.
Cook for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to achieve an even color.
Remove from the oven, cool and transfer to a large bowl.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2mg