Crawfish Pasta For One
A New Orleans inspired Crawfish Pasta recipe that's easy to make and incredibly delicious. It's filled with plenty of crawfish and made with the "trinity of vegetables". This rich and creamy seafood pasta dish cooks in under 30 minutes!
Servings: 1 person
- 1/2 cup small shaped pasta (approx. 2-ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup cooked crawfish tails (approx. 1.5-ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onions, bell peppers, and celery to the pan. Cook until soft, 3 minutes.
Add garlic to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Stir in tomato paste and cook, stirring for an additional minute. Add crawfish and Creole seasoning and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
Stir in cooked pasta and remaining ½ tablespoon butter.
Creole Seasoning Recipe:
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight jar or container.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 207mg | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 935IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2.7mg