Spinach and Orzo Salad For One
This easy to make Spinach and Orzo Salad For One is filled with creamy Feta cheese, toasted pine nuts, chopped red onions, sun-dried tomatoes and Kalamata olives. Tossed with a simple balsamic vinaigrette it's sure to become your very favorite single serving salad!
Servings: 1 person
- 2 ounces uncooked orzo pasta (1/3 cup)
- 2 ounces spinach leaves , finely chopped
- 1 ounce Feta cheese crumbles
- 1 ounce chopped red onions
- 1 ounce toasted pine nuts
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
- 1 ounce sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch kosher salt , optional
Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
Toss the spinach, Feta cheese, onions, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, and Kalamata olives in a large bowl. Add the cooked orzo and stir well.
Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried basil, and pepper. Pour over the spinach and orzo salad and toss.
Taste salad and add salt to taste if necessary.
Refrigerate and serve cold.
- You can make this spinach and orzo salad ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator. You can even double the ingredients to make more if you'd like.
- Feel free to use the ingredient amounts listed in the recipe as a guide and add more or less depending on your preferences.
- You might like to consider adding cooked, chopped bacon to your orzo salad.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 830mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2900IU | Vitamin C: 14.6mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 3.4mg