Baked Pasta With Roasted Vegetables For One
This wonderful baked pasta recipe is made with roasted vegetables, plenty of cheese, and Marinara sauce. So easy to make and filled with flavor, this pasta dish is the perfect single serving meal.
Servings: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herb mix or herbs de Provence
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup dried penne pasta
- 3/4 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 ounces Fontina cheese , shredded
- 1 ounce Smoked Gruyere cheese , shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter , cut into small pieces
Heat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
On a baking sheet, toss the zucchini, peppers, onions and garlic with olive oil, spices, salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for about 5-6 minutes until the pasta is al dente (firm and not too soft).Drain in a colander.
In a medium-sized bowl, toss the drained pasta with the roasted vegetables, Marinara sauce and cheeses. Gently mix the ingredients together until all of the pasta is coated with the sauce.
Pour the pasta into a greased 5-inch baking dish. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and butter pieces. Bake until top is golden and cheese melts, about 25 minutes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 757kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 66g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1554mg | Potassium: 1044mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 4345IU | Vitamin C: 126mg | Calcium: 674mg | Iron: 3.3mg