When looking for a healthy main dish salad, I almost always turn to this Warm Spinach Antipasto Salad for one. Filled with salami, parmesan, roasted eggplant, peppers and red onions, it’s a healthy, easy recipe and ideal for anyone cooking for one.
My husband has been traveling again. He spent a week in Dubai with a few days of work in Saudi Arabia. When EJ leaves home, I always work on my “recipes for one”. Cooking for just my daughter and me gives me plenty of opportunity to create recipes, test them and retest them again. This time, he was gone for the week and this salad was a meal we enjoyed quite a few times.
This warm Spinach Antipasto Salad is a variation of a salad I eat often. I roast different vegetables in the oven, usually it’s an assortment of seasonal vegetables that I randomly pick. The vegetables along with a little olive oil, salt and black pepper are all you need to make the flavors of the vegetables magically come alive when they roast in the oven.
For this easy recipe, I chose to use eggplant because I love the taste of eggplant after it’s been roasted in the oven. Along with the eggplant, I roast a red pepper, tomatoes and sliced red onions.
I place a cup of arugula and a cup of baby spinach in a large bowl. I don’t really use a seasoned vinaigrette because I find the salad to be flavorful enough with the caramelized roasted vegetables. Instead, I pour 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to the lettuce and toss.
When the vegetables have finished roasting, I add them while they’re still warm to the salad and give the salad a gentle toss.
Finally, add thin slices of salami and shaved parmesan and enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive our free eCookbook.
Warm Spinach Antipasto Salad for one, filled with salami, parmesan, roasted eggplant, peppers and red onions, it's healthy and easy to make too.
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup small Japanese eggplant, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into cubes (about 2 )
- 1 small red pepper, thickly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce deli-sliced salami, cut into strips
- Parmesan cheese, shaved for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange the red onions, eggplant, red peppers and tomatoes on a large baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Combine the spinach and arugula in a large bowl with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and the vinegar.
- Add the roasted vegetables and toss.
- Transfer the salad to a plate. Top with salami, Parmesan cheese and gently toss.
Click HERE to sign up to receive new single serving recipes in your inbox!
Other recipes you might like…