If you’ve ever wanted to make a smaller batch of biscuits, this recipe is for you. See how easy it is to make fluffy and delicious biscuits for one (or two)…
There are some mornings I crave hot biscuits with butter and jelly. We aren’t big breakfast eaters during the week. Most mornings, my daughter will have a bowl of cereal and my husband likes two simple poached eggs. But every now and then, after the morning rush is over, I like to have a a little something else with a cup of coffee.
Biscuits are best when they’re fresh out of the oven. Day-old biscuits aren’t that great. That’s why I love this small batch biscuit recipe, it’s perfect when cooking for one.
It only takes 5 minutes to prepare the biscuit dough and the biscuits bake in 10 minutes. This biscuit recipe will give you 4 regular sized biscuits or 3 extra large ones.
If you've ever wanted to make a smaller batch of biscuits, this recipe is for you. See how easy it is to make fluffy & delicious biscuits for one (or two).
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter , cold, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Toss butter into the dry ingredients. Working quickly using your fingers or a pastry blender, rub or cut butter into flour until it resembles coarse sand.
- Add the milk and stir just until the dough comes together.
- Using a large spoon, drop spoonfuls of the batter onto baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive a FREE copy of our eCookbook, College Meals – 30 Days of Recipes! It’s a great gift to give to any college student in your life or even to give to yourself!
Other recipes you might like…